Treating Clothes With Permethrin Spray
Permethrin Repels and Kills Insects on Contact
Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% Insect Repellent is a highly effective way to treat outdoor gear/clothing against insects. Permethrin 0.5% provides a first line of defense against ticks, mosquitos, and other biting insects. When properly applied, Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% provides an odor-free barrier that repels insects and kills them on contact for up to 40 days or 5 washes. Regular use on clothing and outdoor gear can protect you from insects that cause vector-borne illnesses such as Lyme disease, West Nile virus, and Zika virus, among others.
Permethrin is a part of the pyrethroid family of insecticides. Pyrethroids are broad-spectrum, synthetically derived chemicals that mimic properties found in chrysanthemum flower extracts. Permethrin is a non-systemic insecticide that targets biting insects at both the adult and larval stages.
Permethrin is Safe for Clothing
Ranger Ready’s Permethrin 0.5% clothing spray is EPA-registered and is safe for use on clothing and outdoor gear such as backpacks, sleeping bags, blankets, and tents. It is also safe for use on dog beds and horse saddles.
Whether you enjoy hunting, hiking, camping, spending time outside with the kids, or any other outdoor activity, Permethrin clothing spray can provide an extra layer of protection to items such as shoes, pants, and shirts. Permethrin spray for clothes is a fragrance-free solution that will not damage your clothing or gear the way other repellents such as DEET can.
How to Treat Clothes With Permethrin
When using Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% to treat your clothes, follow these guidelines to ensure a safe and thorough application to clothing and outdoor gear. You can also watch our how-to video that shows you every step.
• Apply Permethrin outdoors on a calm, wind-free day, or in an open, well ventilated area.
• Wear protective gloves during the application process.
• Apply product to clothing lying flat on a plastic sheet placed on the ground or other flat surface. Never apply Permethrin while wearing clothing or gear.
• Make sure to shake Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% before using it.
• Hold the spray head approximately six to eight inches above the surface of the item you are treating.
• Spray evenly in a sweeping motion across the front and back of clothing items. Remember to spray fabric folds as well. Pay special attention to arm and leg openings where ticks and other insects may enter.
• Hang items on a line outside to air dry for a minimum of two hours. Do not use items until completely dry.
• Repeat application every 40 days or after five washes.
Permethrin is Long-Lasting (40 Days or Five Washes)
Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% Insect Repellent is a long-lasting DEET-free product that safely and effectively helps protect you and your gear from ticks, mosquitos, and other disease-carrying insects you may encounter outdoors. Unlike many insect repellents that offer protection for only a few hours, items treated with Permethrin 0.5% will provide continued defense for up to 40 days or five washes. This long-lasting protection means you can stay bug-free during camping trips, weekend hiking adventures, or hunting excursions.
Ranger Ready Permethrin 0.5% is made in the USA in Norwalk, Connecticut. Ranger Ready’s non-aerosol bottles are environmentally friendly and the trigger sprays make the application process easy and efficient.
Use Ranger Ready Repellents Clothing-Worn Permethrin 0.5%
Wherever you plan to go on your outdoor adventure, it’s important to have an insect repellent you trust. Ranger Ready Repellents provides protection that not only lasts but keeps you and your family safe. For ultimate protection pair clothing-worn Permethrin with body-worn Ranger Ready Picaridin 20%. Visit RangerReady.com or contact Ranger Ready today for more information about our clothing spray and body-worn repellents.